A downloadable game
One day, our hero Boink was having a nice day out with his girlfriend Ploink. Suddenly, an evil wizard appeared and kidnapped her! Not only that, but the wizard cast a wicked spell on Boink that caused him to bounce uncontrollably!
The wizard disappeared with Ploink just as suddenly as he appeared, but not before dropping a strange map amidst all the confusion. The map led to an ancient Maztactl temple - this must be the wizard's hideout!
And so, Boink decides to set off on a voyage to the mysterious temple. Will he be able to break the spell and reunite with his girlfriend?
- Colorful graphics!
- Awesome music!
- Coded in pure assembly!
- Open source!
- Fixed a crash that made Level 5 unbeatable.
- Fixed a visual glitch related to room transitions.
- Fixed a game crash bug that was accidentally introduced in the previous release.
- Fixed a bug that caused corrupt graphics to appear on-screen briefly after starting the game.
- Tweaked enemy bouncing behavior; it now works as described in the readme under the "general tips" section.
- Added a "STAGE CLEAR" graphic to make the end-of-level sequence more interesting.
- Enemies can now be defeated simply by bouncing off of them from above.
- The high bounce can now be cancelled by releasing the A button.
- Updated the fish enemy sprite to make it more clear that it can't be killed.
- Fixed an out-of-bounds glitch in level 6.
- Minor level layout tweaks.
- Some level layout tweaks.
- Fixed coin count not getting reset upon returning to the title screen after a game over or from the end screen.
- The debug menu is now accessible via a button combo on the title screen.
- Initial release.
|Tags||2D, analogue-pocket, Game Boy ROM, Open Source, Pixel Art, Retro, Singleplayer|
|Code license||MIT License|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution_NonCommercial_ShareAlike v4.0 International|
|Average session||A few minutes|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Analogue Pocket version now available!Dec 21, 2021
- Rebound Design Blog, Part 1: The BeginningsOct 07, 2021
- GBCompo demo version 1.4.2 out now!Sep 29, 2021
- GBCompo demo version 1.4.1 out now!Sep 27, 2021
- GBCompo demo version 1.4 out now!Sep 26, 2021
- GBCompo demo version 1.3 out now!Sep 26, 2021
- GBCompo demo version 1.2 out now!Sep 25, 2021